See also: -phony
- phoney (British)
- Fraudulent; fake; having a misleading appearance.
- A good jeweler should be able to tell a real stone from a phony one.
phony (plural phonies)
- A person who assumes an identity or quality other than their own.
- He claims to be a doctor, but he's nothing but a fast-talking phony.
- A person who professes beliefs or opinions that they do not hold.
- He's such a phony, he doesn't believe half of what he says.
a person who assumes an identity or quality other than their own
a person who professes beliefs or opinions that they do not hold
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked: "faker (to be sorted)"