See also: Plica
- A fold or crease, especially of skin or other tissue.
- Polish plait, plica polonica, or plica neuropatica; a disease of the hair in which it becomes twisted and matted together.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dunglison to this entry?)
- (botany) A diseased state in plants in which there is an excessive development of small entangled twigs, instead of ordinary branches.
- (zoology) The bend of the wing of a bird.
- (music) A neume, in the form of a tail at the end of a ligature, indicating an additional note.
plica f (plural pliche)