- Having no point or sharp tip; terminating squarely or in a rounded end.
- a pointless sword
- a pointless knife
- Having no prominent or important feature, as of an argument, discourse, etc.
- a pointless remark
- The sequel to the film was even more pointless than the original
- Having no purpose; purposeless; unable to effect an aim.
- Since the decision has already been made, further discussion seems pointless.
- (sports, games) Having no points
- After four matches and four defeats, United remain pointless at the foot of the table.
- (mathematics) Without points.
- a pointless topology
- (programming, derogatory) Point-free; employing the tacit programming paradigm.
- (having no point or tip): blunt, dull, obtuse
- (having no purpose): futile, needless, purposeless, redundant, superfluous
- (mathematics: without points): point-free
having no point or sharp tip
having no prominent or important feature
having no purpose