- A device, consisting of a tough cloth bag over sand or other material, used to practice punching, boxing or kicking.
- (figuratively) A person serving as an object of abuse.
- 2019 April 14, Alex McLevy, “Winter is here on Game Of Thrones' final season premiere (newbies)”, in The A.V. Club:
- For so long, Theon Greyjoy was the punching bag of Game Of Thrones, a sort of shitty Charlie Brown who not only failed to kick the football, but would then be beaten savagely with it every time he landed on his ass.
- (device used to practice punching): speed bag
device used to practice punching
object of abuse