- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 Italian
- 4 Norwegian Bokmål
- 5 Norwegian Nynorsk
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /sɪˈnɑːɹi.əʊ/
- (US) IPA(key): /sɪˈnɛəɹioʊ/, /sɪˈnæɹioʊ/, /sɪˈnɑɹioʊ/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /səˈneːɹi.əʉ/
Audio (US) (file)
scenario (plural scenarios)
- An outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work.
- A screenplay itself, or an outline or a treatment of it.
- An outline or model of an expected or supposed sequence of events.
- 2012 August 23, Alasdair Lamont, “Hearts 0-1 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- Hearts were keen to avoid a repeat of the scenario at this stage of last season's competition, when they found themselves two goals down inside the opening quarter of an hour.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- scenarii (hypercorrect plural)
scenario m (plural scenari)
- a scenario
The inflections scenariet, scenarier and scenariene are also used, which may be valid in Riksmål, as the Danish word scenarie, and also Danish scenario which has optional inflections similar to those in Bokmål, are inflected scenariet, scenarier, and scenarierne.