- Rhymes: -ɪbəl
- To write or draw carelessly and in a hurry
- To doodle
- (obsolete) To card or tease (wool) coarsely; to run through a scribbler.
to write or draw carelessly and in a hurry
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
scribble (plural scribbles)
hastily done writing
- scribble in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- scribble in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911