See also: süt
- The fatty tissue that surrounds and protects the kidneys; that of sheep and cattle is used in cooking and in making tallow.
- 1996, Laura Erickson, Sharing the Wonder of Birds with Kids:
- Many seed-eating birds also need animal fat and protein which they obtain from insects, animal carcasses, and suet.
- 1998, Alan Pistorius, Everything You Need to Know About Birding and Backyard Bird Attraction:
- Some jays, chickadees, nuthatches, and titmice regularly feed at suet; others seem never to indulge.
- suet in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- “suet”, in OED Online , Oxford, Oxfordshire: Oxford University Press, launched 2000.
- Suet in the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th edition, 1911)
- Suet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Category:Suet on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Alternative form of