- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /təˈʒiːn/, /tæˈdʒiːn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /təˈʒin/, /tɑˈdʒin/
- Rhymes: -iːn
- Hyphenation: ta‧jine
tajine (plural tajines)
- (cooking) An earthenware cooking pot of North African origin, consisting of a shallow, round dish without handles and a tall, conical or dome-shaped lid.
- (by extension) A stew, originally from Morocco, the ingredients of which are traditionally cooked slowly in such a pot; the dish is normally served with couscous.
stew often associated with Morocco
tajine m (plural tajines)
- Alternative spelling of
- “tajine” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).