- Something taught by a religious or philosophical authority.
- Many follow the teachings of Confucius.
- The profession of educating people.
- Teaching has seen continual changes over the past decades.
the profession of teaching
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
From Middle English techinge, techynge, techende, techand, from Old English tǣċende, from Proto-Germanic *taikijandz, present participle of Proto-Germanic *taikijaną (“to show, point out”), equivalent to teach + -ing.