- teachyng (obsolete)
- Something taught by a religious or philosophical authority.
- Many follow the teachings of Confucius.
- The profession of educating people; the activity that a teacher does when s/he teaches.
- Teaching has seen continual changes over the past decades.
- I have found a teaching job.
- a teaching assistant
the profession of teaching; the activity that a teacher does when s/he traches
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
From Middle English techinge, techynge, techende, techand, from Old English tǣċende, from Proto-Germanic *taikijandz, present participle of Proto-Germanic *taikijaną (“to show, point out”), equivalent to teach + -ing.