- Of current interest; contemporary.
- Fair trade has become quite a topical subject.
- Local to a particular place
- (medicine, not comparable) Applied to a localized part of the body.
- (medicine, not comparable) Applied externally (to the surface of the skin or eye).
- Arranged according to topic or theme; thematic.
- (medicine: applied locally): systemic
of current interest; contemporary
local to a particular place
medicine: applied to a localized part of the body
arranged according to topic or theme
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
topical (plural topicals)
- (pharmacology) A topical anaesthetic.