See also: UNISON
- The state of being together, in harmony, at the same time, as one, synchronized.
- Everyone moved in unison, but the sudden change in weight distribution capsized the boat.
- (music) The simultaneous playing of an identical note more than once.
2007 July 16, James R. Oestreich, “With Levine as Tour Guide, a Journey Through Mahler’s Third Symphony”, New York Times:
- The young principal timpanist, Timothy Genis, was superb throughout, though his sidekick timpanist sometimes lagged in the final unisons.
- The unison has a pitch ratio of 1:1.
- (in music): P1
the state of being together, in harmony, at the same time
music: the simultaneous playing of an identical note more than once