- un (prefix meaning ‘not’) + parish (noun) + -ed (suffix forming possessional adjectives from nouns); and
- un- + parished (“organized into parishes; possessing parishes”, adjective).
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /(ˌ)ʌnˈpæɹɪʃt/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌʌnˈpɛɹɪʃt/
- Homophone: unperished (some accents)
- Hyphenation: un‧par‧ished
unparished (not comparable)
- (Britain, Ireland, Christianity) Not designated as a parish (“an administrative part of a diocese that has its own church”).
- (England) Of an area: not in a civil parish (“an administrative subdivision of a borough or local government district”), or not having a parish council or town council.
not designated as a parish
of an area: not in a civil parish, or not having a parish council or town council
See also edit
- (no municipality): unincorporated