verisimilitude (plural verisimilitudes)
- the property of seeming true, of resembling reality; resemblance to reality, realism
- a statement which merely appears to be true
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
property of seeming true
statement which merely appears to be true
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- verisimilitude in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- verisimilitude in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
verisimilitude f (plural verisimilitudes)
Read in another language
This page is available in 15 languages