witch doctor (plural witch doctors)
- A person who is believed to heal through magical powers; a shaman.
- 1958, David Seville, "Witch Doctor"
- I told the witch doctor I was in love with you / And then the witch doctor he told me what to do
someone believed to heal through magic
- Malay: bomoh (ms), dukun (ms), pawang (ms)
- Polish: uzdrowiciel (pl) m, znachor (pl) m, szaman (pl) m
- Portuguese: xamã (pt) m, curandeiro (pt)
- Romanian: șaman (ro) m, vrăjitor (ro) m
- Russian: шама́н (ru) m (šamán)
- Serbo-Croatian: врач m (vrač), врачapa f (vračara)
- Spanish: hechicero (es) m, brujo (es) m, curandero m, curandera f
- Swahili: mganga (sw)
- Swedish: häxdoktor c
- Turkish: büyücü (tr), şaman (tr), üfürükçü (tr), kam (tr), bakşı, otacı (tr), Camanbay (tr)
- Zulu: isangoma class 7/8