Last modified on 6 January 2014, at 04:15
서 석 섞 섟 선 섡 섢
섣 설 섥 섦 섧 섨 섩
섪 섫 섬 섭 섮 섯 섰
성 섲 섳 섴 섵 섶 섷
서 (transliterations: Revised seo, McCune–Reischauer sŏ, Yale se)
- A Hangul syllabic block made up of ㅅ and ㅓ.
Korean reading of various Chinese characters.
서 (seo) (hanja 西)
서 (seo) (hanja 書)
서 (seo) (hanja 瑞)
Of native Korean origin. Compare 셋 (set, “three”)
- three; Variant form of 셋.
Of native Korean origin. Compare 에서 (eseo, “from, in, at, on”)
- (denoting movement) from
- (locative, denoting a place where something happens) in, at, on
- 서 (seo) is the simple form of 에서 (eseo), used for phonetic reasons.
- and thus
- 서 (seo) follows a verb in the -어 (eo)/아 (a)- form to express that the event indicated by the clause to which the verb belongs is the cause of the effect indicated by the following clause
- and then
- 서 (seo) follows a verb in the -어 (eo)/아 (a)- form to express that the event indicated by the clause to which the verb belongs occurs before the event indicated by the following clause