See also Patient
- content to wait if necessary; not losing one's temper while waiting; longminded; not bothered with having to wait; not unwilling to wait
not losing one's temper while waiting
patient (plural patients)
- A person or animal who receives treatment from a doctor or other medically educated person.
- (linguistics, grammar) The noun or noun phrase that is semantically on the receiving end of a verb's action.
- The subject of a passive verb is usually a patient.
- (linguistics, grammar): agent
someone who receives treatment from a doctor
- patient in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- patient in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- IPA: /pasjɛnt/, [pʰaˈɕɛnˀd̥]
- patient (person or animal who receives treatment from a doctor or other medically educated person)
Inflection of patient
- a patient, an outpatient
- a patient
Declension of patient