An abbreviation for the kanji 箇 (ka), the counter for months, places or provisions.
Note that ヶ is a graphical abbreviation of the top of the character (⺮, 竹), and is pronounced カ ka (or ガ ga), not as ケ ke.
ヶ or か • (-ka)
- 箇: Counter for months, places or provisions of Classical Chinese origin.
- three months (in duration)
- three countries
ヶ or こ • (-ko)
- 個: General counter for inanimates.
- three objects
ヶ or が • (ga)
- An alternative spelling of an obsolete possessive marker が. Found only in place names.
- (a place name, literally "Hill of Wisteria")
- (Japanese ligatures and scribal abbreviations) 乄 (shime), 𪜈 (tomo), ゟ (yori), ヿ (koto), 𬼀 (shite), 〼 (masu), ヶ (“graphical abbreviation for 箇”), 々 (“iteration mark”), ゝ (“iteration mark for hiragana”), ヽ (“iteration mark for katakana”)