- (Cantonese) Used to suggest something obvious.
唔知㗎，「希望在明天」吖嘛！ [Cantonese, trad. and simp.]
- From: 2005, 生命滿希望 前路由我創 [The future is your's to make, where there's life there's hope],
- m4 zi1 gaa3, “hei1 mong6 zoi6 ming4 tin1” a1 maa3! [Jyutping]
- I don't know, but "tomorrow lies hope", isn't it?
- (Cantonese) Used to confirm something that may be obvious in a question.
今日都係A餐吖嘛？ [Cantonese, trad.]
今日都系A餐吖嘛？ [Cantonese, simp.]
- gam1 jat6 dou1 hai6 ei1 caan1 a1 maa3? [Jyutping]
- You are having meal A today as well, right?
- (Cantonese) Used to raise questions with disbelief.
- 唔係吖嘛？／唔系吖嘛？ [Cantonese] ― m4 hai6 a6 maa2? [Jyutping] ― No way?; It couldn't be like that?