|Kanji in this term|
- liked, favorite
- Suki na tabemono wa? aisukurīmu desu.
- What's your favorite food? - It's ice cream.
- Kimi ga suki da kara koso kore hodo ganbatte iru n da yo.
- It's precisely because I like you because of my fondness for you that I'm working this hard.
- Suki desu.
- “I like you.” → idiomatically used to express: “I love you.”
- Dō tomo suki ni shinasai.
- Feel free to do as you like.
Used as an adjective to describe the thing that is liked. Note that this is different from English, where the term like is used as a verb describing the action of having a fondness or preference for something.
- fondness, favor, favour
- Suki koso mono no jōzu nare
- Your fondness helps improve your skill. → Who likes not his business, his business doesn't like him.
- 好き好き (sukizuki): matter of taste