to extend; to connect; to receive
to extend; to connect; to receive; to join
to bear; to stand; to endure
to bear; to stand; to endure; (passive marker); to receive
|simp. and trad.
- to accept (treatment, gift, punishment, etc.); to receive (education, honours, invitation, interview, etc.); to take (criticism)
- 接受治療 / 接受治疗 ― jiēshòu zhìliáo ― to accept treatment
- 被指控接受賄賂 / 被指控接受贿赂 ― bèi zhǐkòng jiēshòu huìlù ― to be accused of accepting bribes
- 接受教育 ― jiēshòu jiàoyù ― to receive education
- 接受某人的採訪 / 接受某人的采访 ― jiēshòu mǒurén de cǎifǎng ― to be interviewed by someone
- 接受批評 / 接受批评 ― jiēshòu pīpíng ― to take criticism
Not to be confused with 接收 (jiēshōu) which has a similar pronunciation in Mandarin but different meaning.