The a vowel of present-tense -as plus the nt of the Latin/Romance active present participle.
- (agentic substantive) -anto or -anton Nominative do'er of an action, in a present relative to when the corresponding verb took place.
- (See usage note at -isto)
- (adjectival participle) -anta or -antan Characteristic of doing an action, in a present relative to the verb. (active present participle)
- (adverbial participle) -ante In a way characteristic of doing an action, in a present relative to the verb. (active present adverbial participle)
Even if the word takes the accusative form (e.g. faranton or farantan), the word forms a substantive or adjective as-if a nominative for the participle's root.
- See usage notes at -isto.
- suffix forming active participle with -a
- nominal active participle with -o
- plural nominal active participle with -i
- adverbial active participle with -e