This form of the definite article is used for all nouns in the genitive and dative cases in the plural (as attached to the indefinite plural, which always ends in a vowel):
- taților, from tați, masc.
- fiilor, from fii, masc.
- fraților, from frați, masc.
- mamelor, from mame, fem.
- basmalelor, from basmale, fem.
- numelor, from nume, neut.
- viselor or visurilor, from vise or visuri, neut.
The suffix is also used with plural adjectives in the genitive and dative cases to make the articulated definite form, often for emphasis, and it is used before the noun it modifies:
- înălțimea muntoaselor locuri, from înălțimea locurilor muntoase (both meaning "the mountainous places' heights")
- -l (masculine/neuter singular nominative and accusative)
- -a (feminine singular nominative and accusative)
- -i (masculine/neuter plural nominative and accusative)