See also: Appendix:Variations of "am"
- Abbreviation of Amazonas (state of Brazil)
- (Sometimes lower case) From Latin ante meridiem, meaning "before noon (12:00)".
- See also: A.M.
- (communication) Initialism of amplitude modulation.
- Contrasted with FM
- (education) Initialism of Artium Magister.
- (education) Initialism of Master of Arts.
- (politics, Britain) Initialism of Assembly Member. (A title similar to MP, placed after the name of a Member of the Welsh National Assembly.)
- (property law) Initialism of automated mapping. (Used in conjunction with Facilities Managements abbreviations (AM/FM).)