- An ancient Dharmic religion, with a focus on nonviolence and personal effort to elevate the reincarnating soul towards moksha by liberating it from samsara.
- 2020, Avni Doshi, Burnt Sugar, Hamish Hamilton, page 55:
- I know enough about Jainism to know that Jains are some of the most extreme vegetarians around.
- Jainism is similar to other eastern religions in believing in reincarnation.
- (philosophy) A nontheistic heterodox Indian philosophy
- (religions) religion; agnosticism, Asatru, atheism, Ayyavazhi, Baháʼí Faith, Bon, Buddhism, Cao Dai, Cheondoism, Christianity, deism, Druidry, Druze, Eckankar, Heathenry, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Jediism, Judaism, Kimbanguism, Odinism, paganism, Pastafarianism, Raëlism, Rastafarianism, Rodnovery, Romuva, Samaritanism, Sanamahism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Thelema, Unitarian Universalism, Wicca, Yahwism, Yazidism, Yoruba, Zoroastrianism (Category: en:Religion) 
religion and philosophy