See also: Appendix:Variations of "sta"
Audio (AU) (file)
Proper noun Edit
- (Australia, South Australia, obsolete) Initialism of ([SA from 1974—1994.])
- 1985, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Year Book, Australia: 1985, page 443:
- The STA (1600 mm gauge) operates railways in the Adelaide metropolitan area only.
- (Australia, New South Wales) Initialism of ([Established NSW 1989.])
- 2007, Travel Sydney, MobileReference, unnumbered page:
- The State Transit Authority of New South Wales (STA) is an agency of the Government of New South Wales based in Sydney, Australia operating bus and ferry services. THe STA is part of transport minister John Watkins′s portfolio. […] The STA was established in 1989 to replace the Urban Transit Authority of New South Wales.
- 2008, Neil Rees, Katherine Lindsay, Simon Rice, Australian Anti-Discrimination Law: Text, Cases and Materials, page 188:
- The applicants claim that whilst they were obliged to pay the full or ordinary fare when they used the public transport services provided by the STA and the SRA, similarly placed Australian university students paid a lower fare because they were entitled to concessional travel.
- 2010, Lindsay Brown, Justine Vaisutis, Jayne D′Arcy, Katja Gaskell, Australia, Lonely Planet, page 93:
- The SydneyPass (www.sydneypass.info) offers three, five or seven days′ unlimited travel over eight days on STA buses, ferries and within the rail network′s Red TravelPass zone (inner suburbs).
- (algebra) Abbreviation of (in mathematical physics)
- (biology) Initialism of (a tool for characterizing the response properties of a neuron)
- (computer networking) Abbreviation of (in IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) terminology)
- (computer networking) Initialism of .
- (computer networking) Initialism of (in the Component Object Model)
- (electronics) Initialism of (of a digital circuit)
- (law, US) Initialism of (to operate a radio station in the US)
- (material science) Initialism of (in heat treating of materials)
- (initialism) Initialism of .