- Adjective, noun:
agglomerate (plural agglomerates)
- A collection or mass.
- (geology) A mass of angular volcanic fragments united by heat; distinguished from conglomerate.
- (meteorology) An ice cover of floe formed by the freezing together of various forms of ice.
- (transitive, intransitive) To wind or collect into a ball; hence, to gather into a mass or anything like a mass.
- (collect into a ball): ball, ball up, bundle up, clew, conglobate, conglobe, globe, orb, wind
- (gather into a mass): amass, gather, gather up, merge, pile up; see also Thesaurus:pile up or Thesaurus:coalesce
- agglomerate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- agglomerate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- agglomerate at OneLook Dictionary Search