ailment (plural ailments)
- Something which ails one; a disease; sickness.
- 1922, Michael Arlen, “2/9/1”, in “Piracy”: A Romantic Chronicle of These Days:
- He had always been remarkably immune from such little ailments, and had only once in his life been ill, of a vicious pneumonia long ago at school. He hadn't the faintest idea what to with a cold in the head, he just took quinine and continued to blow his nose.
something which ails one; a disease; sickness
- ailment in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- ailment in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911