See also: Conquest
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒŋkwɛst/, /ˈkɒŋkwəst/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑnkwɛst/, /ˈkɑnkwəst/, /ˈkɑŋ-/
Audio (US) (file)
- Victory gained through combat; the subjugation of an enemy.
- (figuratively, by extenstion) An act or instance of overcoming an obstacle.
- Three years sufficed for the conquest of the country.
- That which is conquered; possession gained by force, physical or moral.
- Wherefore rejoice? What conquest brings he home?
- (feudal law) The acquiring of property by other means than by inheritance; acquisition.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Blackstone to this entry?)
- (colloquial, figuratively) A person with whom one has had sex.
- (video games) A competitive mode found in first-person shooter games in which competing teams (usually two) attempt to take over pre-determined spawnpoints labeled by flags.
victory gained through combat; the subjugation of an enemy
competitive mode in first-person shooter games