- dépôt (rare)
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɛpəʊ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈdiːpoʊ/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈdepɐʉ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛpəʊ
depot (plural depots)
- A storage facility, in particular, a warehouse.
- 2013 May-June, Charles T. Ambrose, “Alzheimer’s Disease”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 200:
- Similar studies of rats have employed four different intracranial resorbable, slow sustained release systems—surgical foam, a thermal gel depot, a microcapsule or biodegradable polymer beads.
- (US) A bus station or railway station.
- (military) A place where recruits are assembled before being sent to active units.
- (military) A place for the storage, servicing or upgrade of military hardware.
- (military) The portion of a regiment that remains at home when the rest go on foreign service.
- (card games) The tableau; the area where cards can be arranged in solitaire or patience games.
warehouse or similar storage facility
bus or railway station
military: place where recruits are assembled
card games — see tableau
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
Declension of depot
- Hyphenation: de‧pot