See also: down-town
- Hyphenation: down‧town
- Rhymes: -aʊn
- of, relating to, or situated in the downtown area
- John walked everyday to his downtown job.
- in, or towards the downtown area
- You need to go downtown four blocks.
- (basketball) Outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket.
- That shot came from way downtown!
(basketball): outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket
downtown (plural downtowns)
- (chiefly US, Canada) The main business part of a city or town, usually located at or near its center.
(business center of a municipality):
either the lower, or the business center of a city or town