fils (not comparable)
- Used after a proper name that is common to a father and his son to indicate that the son is being referred to rather than the father.
- Current usage of differentiating fathers and sons is borrowed from French; hence this term follows the name as it does in French grammar.
- (rare) The son referred to in the manner of the adjective above.
audio (un fils) (file)
- IPA(key): /fis/
- (Quebec) IPA(key): /fɪs/
- Rhymes: -is
- Homophones: fisse, fissent, fisses
- Rhymes: -il
fils m (plural fils)
- any male descendant
- any direct descendant, male or female
- Jr. (postnomial designator indicating a son with the same name as the father)
- plural of
- “fils” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
fils m (plural fils, feminine fille)
- (boy): garçaon