- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfjʊə.ɹɪəs/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfjʊɹ.i.əs/, /ˈfjɝ.i.əs/
- Hyphenation: fu‧ri‧ous
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊəɹiəs
- Feeling great anger; raging; violent.
- a furious animal; parent furious at their child's behaviour
- Rushing with impetuosity; moving with violence.
transported with passion or fury
rushing with impetuosity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.