See also: górše
- (General American) enPR: gôrs, IPA(key): /ɡɔɹs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɡɔːs/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)s
- An evergreen shrub, of the genus Ulex, having thorns, spiny leaves, and yellow flowers.
- 2013 July 19, Timothy Garton Ash, “Where Dr Pangloss meets Machiavelli”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 18:
- Hidden behind thickets of acronyms and gorse bushes of detail, a new great game is under way across the globe. Some call it geoeconomics, but it's geopolitics too. The current power play consists of an extraordinary range of countries simultaneously sitting down to negotiate big free trade and investment agreements.
Derived terms edit