- Any gas, such as carbon dioxide or CFCs, that contributes to the greenhouse effect when released into the atmosphere.
- 2019, George Monbiot, “Cars are killing us. Within 10 years, we must phase them out”, in The Guardian:
- In other sectors, greenhouse gas emissions have fallen sharply. But transport emissions in the UK have declined by only 2% since 1990.
- Only two greenhouse gases get much attention.
- Termites and cows account for much greenhouse gas.
any gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect