- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡʌsɪt/
- (Australia) IPA(key): /ˈɡasət/
- Rhymes: -ʌsɪt
gusset (plural gussets)
- A small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part or giving it a tapering enlargement.
- A small piece of mail, providing some protection where two plates of armor are joined, usually at the elbows, under the shoulders, and behind the knees.
- (machinery) A kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron, fastened in the angles of a structure to give strength or stiffness; especially, the part joining the barrel and the fire box of a locomotive boiler.
- (heraldry) An abatement or mark of dishonor in a coat of arms, resembling a gusset.
- (roofing) A large flat metal piece wider than the valley to help prevent build-up at the base of the valley, either from debris or ice dam formations.
a small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part
a small piece of mail, providing some protection where two plates of armor are joined
machinery: a kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron
roofing: a large flat metal piece wider than the valley
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Wikipedia article on armor.