- (transitive) To bring (the body or part of it) into contact with a substance that causes illness (a pathogen), so that the pathogen begins to act on the body; (of a pathogen) to come into contact with (a body or body part) and begin to act on it.
- Not everyone will be infected when an epidemic strikes.
- (transitive) To contaminate (an object or substance) with a pathogen.
- (transitive) To make somebody enthusiastic about one's own passion.
- Her passion for dancing has infected me.
to bring into contact with a substance that causes illness
to make somebody enthusiastic about one's own passion
infect (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Infected.
- → Romanian: infect
- “infect” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
Declension of infect