- (countable) A baked food item made from flour and fat pastes such as pie crust; also tarts, bear claws, napoleons, puff pastries, etc.
- That pastry shop sells not just pastries, but all kinds of baked goods.
- (uncountable) The food group formed by the various kinds of pastries.
- That pastry shop sells not just pastry, but all kinds of baked goods.
- (uncountable) The type of light flour-based dough used in pastries.
- (countable, obsolete) A place where pastry is made.
- (uncountable) The act or art of making pastry.
- He learned pastry from the great Gaston Lenôtre.
type of dough