phonograph (plural phonographs)
- A device that captures sound waves onto an engraved archive; a lathe.
- (Britain, historical) A device that records or plays sound from cylinder records.
- (Canada, US, historical) A record player.
- (dated) A character or symbol used to represent a sound, especially one used in phonography.
device that records or plays sound from cylinder records
archaic record player — see gramophone
- (transitive, dated) To record for playback by phonograph.
- (transitive, dated) To transcribe into phonographic symbols.