- Rhymes: -æɹɪti
polarity (plural polarities)
- The separation, alignment or orientation of something into two opposed poles.
- Either of the two extremes of such attributes.
- (chemistry) The dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positively-charged end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule.
- (grammar) The grammatical category of the affirmative and the negative.
- (projective geometry) A duality that is an involution, i.e. has order two.
one of two extremes
chemistry: dipole-dipole intermolecular force
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.