See also: présentation
Alternative forms Edit
- præsentation (archaic)
- (US, UK, Canada) IPA(key): /ˌpɹɛzənˈteɪʃən/, /ˌpɹizənˈteɪʃən/
Audio (GA) (file)
- (Hong Kong) IPA(key): /pɹisɛnˈteɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of presenting, or something presented.
- A dramatic performance.
- An award given to someone on a special occasion.
- Money given as a wedding gift.
- A lecture or speech given in front of an audience.
- (medicine) The symptoms and other possible indications of disease, trauma, etc., that are exhibited by a patient who has sought, or has otherwise come to, the attention of a physician.
- The presentation of the thirty-four-year-old male in the emergency room was slight fever, dilated pupils, and marked disorientation.
- (medicine) The position of the foetus in the uterus at birth.
- (mainly LGBT) Gender presentation; gender expression.
- (fencing) Offering one's blade for engagement by the opponent.
- (mathematics) The specification of a group by generators and relators.
- The act or right of offering a clergyman to the bishop or ordinary for institution in a benefice.
- (immunology) The preparation of antigen fragments during the immune response.
Derived terms Edit
Related terms Edit
act of presenting
something presented to an audience
Old French Edit
From French présentation, from présenter + -ation, equivalent to presentera + -ation. Cognate with English presentation, German Präsentation, Norwegian Bokmål presentasjon, Norwegian Nynorsk presentasjon and Danish præsentation.
|Declension of presentation|