reciprocal (not comparable)
- Of a feeling, action or such: mutual, uniformly felt or done by each party towards the other or others; two-way.
- reciprocal love; reciprocal duties
- Let our reciprocal vows be remembered.
- Mutually interchangeable.
- I. Watts
- These two rules will render a definition reciprocal with the thing defined.
- I. Watts
- (grammar) expressing mutual action, applied to pronouns and verbs; also in a broad sense: reflexive
- (mathematics) Used to denote different kinds of mutual relation; often with reference to the substitution of reciprocals for given quantities.
- contrary or opposite
- mutual, two-way
- contrary, opposite, converse, inverse, inverted, cross
- (grammar): reflexive
- See also Wikisaurus:contrary
done by each of two people towards the other
in the contrary or opposite way
reciprocal (plural reciprocals)
- (arithmetic) Of a number, the number obtained by dividing 1 by the given number; the result of exchanging the numerator and the denominator of a fraction.
- 0.5 is the reciprocal of 2.
- (in arithmetic): multiplicative inverse