self-evident (not comparable)
- Obviously true, and requiring no proof, argument or explanation.
- 1776, United States Declaration of Independence:
- We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...
- 1999, Bertrand Russell, Charles R. Pigden, Russell on Ethics:
- Can we then find axioms as self-evident as those of Arithmetic, on which we can build as on a sure foundation, which could be shaken only by a scepticism which should attack the whole fabric of our knowledge?
- See also Thesaurus:obvious