See also: símile
|Examples (figure of speech)|
Her eyes were like stars.
- A figure of speech in which one thing is compared to another, in the case of English generally using like or as.
- A simile is a bit like a metaphor.
- 1925, Fruit of the Flower, by Countee Cullen
- My father is a quiet man -- With sober, steady ways; -- For simile, a folded fan; -- His nights are like his days.
figure of speech in which one thing is compared to another
simile (masculine and feminine plural simili)
- Non è molto simile. It is not very similar.
- È possibile una cosa simile? Is such a thing possible?