- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈvʌltʃə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈvʌltʃɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
vulture (plural vultures)
- Any of several carrion-eating birds of the families Accipitridae and Cathartidae.
- (figuratively, colloquial) A person who profits from the suffering of others.
- Within ten minutes of the accident, the vultures appeared and were organizing lawsuits.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.