- (uncountable) The condition of being weak.
- In a small number of horses, muscle weakness may progress to paralysis.
- (countable) An inadequate quality; fault
2013 January 22, Phil McNulty, “Aston Villa 2-1 Bradford (3-4)”, in BBC:
- Bradford had preyed on Villa's inability to defend set pieces, corners in particular, in their first-leg win and took advantage of the weakness again as Hanson equalised to restore their two-goal aggregate lead.
- His inability to speak in front of an audience was his weakness.
- (countable) A special fondness or desire.
- She is an athlete who has a weakness for chocolate.
- (condition of being weak): strength, durability, invincibility, powerfulness
- (fault): strength, forte
condition of being weak