- From Proto-Mongolic *tata-, compare Buryat татаха (tataxa), Kalmyk татх (tatx).
- May be compared with Proto-Turkic *tart-, see Turkish tartmak.
- Sense "to smoke, to inhale" is a semantic loan from Chinese 抽 (chōu, “to draw”).
- to pull, drag
- to fasten, tighten, draw together
- to restrain
- to draw (a rope, a line)
- to contract, cramp, twitch (of an organ)
- to dig (a ditch)
- to mince, grind
- to mend (clothing)
- to inhale
- to fold up, gather up
- to play (a string, wind instrument)
- to levy (conscripts, taxes)
- to involve (someone in an event)
- (weather) to appear
- to attract, entice
- to weight (be equal in weight to)
- (computing) to download
та́тах • (tátax) m anim pl