लक्ष् • (lakṣ)
- cl.1 Ā. लक्षते, to perceive, observe BhP. Kathās.
- (P. °ति), to recognise MBh.
- cl.10 P. Ā. (Dhātup. xxxii, 5 ; xxxiii, 23 ; rather Nom. fr. लक्ष below) लक्षयति, °ते (aor. अललक्षत्, °त ; inf. लक्षयितुम् ; ind.p. लक्षयित्वा, -लक्ष्य), to mark, sign MBh.
- to characterize, define (in Comms.)
- to indicate, designate indirectly Ṡaṃk. Kpr. Sāh. Sarvad.
- to aim, it (as to aim an arrow at any object), direct towards, have in view, mean Kāṡ. on Pāṇ. 2-3, 37 &c.
- to consider or regard any one (acc.) as (acc. with or without इव) MBh. Hariv. Pur.
- to suppose of any one (acc.) that he will &c. (oratio recta with इति) MBh. iii, 10375
- to know, understand, recognise by (instr.) or as (acc.) or that &c. (oratio recta with इति) MBh. Kāv. Pur.
- to notice, perceive, observe, see, view MaitrUp. Mn. MBh. &c.: Pass. लक्ष्यते, to be marked &c.
- to be meant or intended Kāṡ. on Pāṇ. 2-3, 14 &c.
- to be named or called (with double nom.) BhP.
- to be perceived or seen, appear, seem, look like (nom. with or without इव) MBh. Kāv. &c. : Desid. » लिलक्षयिषित.