- A standard size of dry cell battery smaller than AA.
- A grade (of quality) better than AA.
- (finance) Long-term bond credit rating by S&P Global Ratings and Fitch Ratings, indicating that a bond is of the highest grade with minimal risk of default.
- (international standards, aviation) IATA airport code for Anaa Airport, which serves Anaa, French Polynesia.
Usually pronounced as either "triple A" or "three A".
AAA (countable and uncountable, plural AAAs)
- (medicine) Initialism of abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- (organic chemistry) Initialism of aromatic amino acid.
- (military) Initialism of anti-aircraft artillery.
- (psychology) Initialism of animal-assisted activity.
- Initialism of advanced acoustic array.
- Initialism of Access Approval Authority.
- Initialism of accumulated adjustments account, in US Federal Income Tax
- Initialism of adaptive array antenna.
- Initialism of airborne assault area.
- Initialism of aircraft alert area.
- Initialism of airport airspace analysis.
- Initialism of angle angle angle, a geometric proof
- Initialism of arrival and assembly area.
- Initialism of astronaut-actuated abort.
- Initialism of attitude, awareness and accountability, a ski safety program
- Initialism of authentication, authorization and accounting.
- 2016, Wendell Odom, CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-105:
- Additionally, the IT staff must implement an authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) server. The AAA server (commonly pronounced "tripple A" server) will keep the usernames and passwords, and when the user supplies that information, it is the AAA server that determines if what the user typed was correct or not.
- Initialism of automated airlift analysis.
- Initialism of administration, authorization, and authentication, in software security
- Initialism of AEGIS acquisition agent.
- Initialism of aerospace engineering, applied mechanics, and aviation.
- Initialism of air avenue of approach.
- Initialism of airborne array aperture.
- Initialism of allocations, assessments, and analysis.
- Initialism of alternate assembly area.
- Initialism of authorization accounting activity; authorized accounting activity.
- Initialism of Acquisition Approval Authority.
- (US, historical, law) Initialism of Agricultural Adjustment Act.
- (US, historical, law) Initialism of Agricultural Adjustment Administration.
- 2001, James S. Olson, “Agricultural Adjustment Administration”, in Historical Dictionary of the Great Depression, 1929–1940, Greenwood Press, →ISBN, page 5:
- Black's ideas were first implemented when Congress passed the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933,* which became the heart and soul of New Deal* agricultural policy. The legislation created the Agricultural Adjustment Administration (AAA) to implement Black's ideas. […] Under the Agricultural Adjustment Act, the AAA would negotiate “marketing agreements” in which individual farmers agreed to reduce production.
- (US) Initialism of American Anthropological Association.
- 2003, Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban, “Introduction”, in Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban, editor, Ethics and the Profession of Anthropology: Dialogue for Ethically Conscious Practice, 2nd edition, AltaMira Press, →ISBN, page xii:
- Through its major professional organization, the American Anthropological Association (AAA), the discipline hoped to find a solution to its crisis through reorganization. Completed in 1984, nine affiliated societies signed a merger agreement with the AAA.
- Initialism of Abortion Assistance Association.
- Initialism of All American Aviation.
- Initialism of Allegheny Airlines.
- (UK, art, historical) Initialism of Allied Artists Association.
- Initialism of Allied Artists of America.
- Initialism of American Abstract Artists.
- (historical) Initialism of American Academy of Allergy; now the AAAAI.
- Initialism of American Academy of Actuaries.
- Initialism of American Academy of Advertising.
- Initialism of American Accordionists' Association.
- Initialism of American Accounting Association.
- Initialism of American Airship Association.
- Initialism of American Ambulance Association.
- Initialism of American Antarctic Association.
- Initialism of American Arbitration Association.
- Initialism of American Association for Anatomy.
- Initialism of American Astronomers Association.
- Initialism of American Australian Association.
- (US, automotive) Initialism of American Automobile Association.
- 2022 December 23, Jon Henley, Edward Helmore, Maya Yang, “Gigantic US winter storm leaves millions without power and cancels holiday plans”, in The Guardian:
- Ahead of one of the busiest travel periods of the year, the American Automobile Association (AAA) said more than 112 million people planned to travel 50 miles (80 km) or more from home between 23 December and 2 January.
- Initialism of Access All Areas, Sony music project.
- (US, historical) Initialism of Actors and Artistes of America; now the AAAA or 4As.
- Initialism of Agricultural Aviation Association.
- Initialism of Agricultural Adjustment Association.
- (England) Initialism of Amateur Athletic Association of England.
- Initialism of Antique Airplane Association.
- Initialism of Appraisers Association of America.
- Initialism of Archives of American Art.
- Initialism of Association of Accounting Administrators.
- Initialism of Association of Average Adjusters.
- Initialism of Armenian Assembly of America.
- Initialism of Argentine Anticommunist Alliance.
- Initialism of ANSI Artists of America.
- Initialism of Area-Agency on Aging.
- Initialism of Army Athletic Association.
- (US, dated)Initialism of Army Audit Agency; more commonly the USAAA.
- Initialism of Associated Agents of America.
- (dated) Initialism of Australian Association of Accountants.
- (Australia, automotive) Initialism of Australian Automobile Association.
- (sports, Canada, US) The highest level of minor league baseball, often used by extension in other sports to indicate the highest level of minor league play in that sport as well.
- A very narrow shoe size.
- (finance) The highest credit rating given by debt analysis agencies such as Standard & Poor's, Moody's, and A.M. Best.
- (video games) A high-quality video game expected to sell well, typically with a large development budget.
- Initialism of awaiting aircraft availability.
- ^ Kyle Orland, Scott Steinberg, and David Thomas, The Videogame Style Guide And Reference Manual ed. Scott Jones and Shana Hertz (Power Play, 2007) 12.
- (Puerto Rico) Initialism of Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados.