|< 2||3||4 >|
| Cardinal : three
Ordinal : third
Adverbial : thrice
Multiplier : triple
- (cardinal) A numerical value after two and before four. Represented in Arabic digits as 3; this many dots (•••).
- (of a set or group) Having three elements.
cardinal number 3
set or group with three components
three (plural threes)
- The digit/figure 3.
- Anything measuring three units, as length.
- Put all the threes in a separate container.
- A person who is three years old.
- All the threes will go in Mrs. Smith's class, while I'll take the fours and fives.
- The playing card featuring three pips.
- (basketball) Abbreviation of three-pointer.
Terms derived from three
|Playing cards in English · playing cards (layout · text)|
Symbols of number three in various numeral systems