See also: Appendix:Variations of "so"
So pl (plural only)
- Alternative form of So.
- (General American, Canada) IPA(key): /soʊ/
- Rhymes: -oʊ
- A Chinese surname from Cantonese.
- (nonstandard) Abbreviation of Sonntag (“Sunday”). Alternative form of So.
From Old High German saga, from Proto-Germanic *sagǭ. Cognate with German Sage, Dutch sage.
So f (plural Soen, diminutive Seechen)
- a surname from Min Nan of Chinese origin, most notably borne by:
- Wesley So, Filipino-American chess grandmaster
According to data collected by Forebears in 2014, So is the 137th most common surname in the Philippines, occurring in 46,401 individuals.